Subscribe Us

Google Maps is Now the New Waze and Vice Versa

Google recently updated Google Maps with a few features that I think is a copy from Waze. The new features are Incident Reporting, new navigation guidance on Google Maps.

As you may or may not know, Waze was acquired by Google in 2013. So, in other words, Google and Waze should have shared their best features long ago. Anyway, they are finally doing it now.

On Google Maps

  • More easily report incidents in Maps to help your community
  • Take the stress out of getting to your destination with new guidance in Maps

On Waze

  • Be aware during your drive with new camera alerts in Waze
  • Share real-time traffic information with friends in Waze
  • Navigate while your screen is locked with Waze

You can read all over them HERE.

In Singapore, I think more are using Google Maps. I do hope that immersive view can be here sooner.

@joe_teh

Immersive view feature on Google Maps. Do you think it is useful? #FYP #Maps #Navigation #GoogleMaps

♬ original sound – Joe Teh – Joe Teh

BTW, when Google Maps rolled out the new incident reporting feature, I did not know how to use it. Here is what happened.

@joe_teh

Did you notice more reporting of road incidents in Singapore on the #GoogleMaps ? I saw this new feature which I think might be the answer to it? What do you think? How do I use this feature? #FYP #SGroad

♬ original sound – Joe Teh – Joe Teh

And I hope that they can advise the speed limit in the area which I believe in some other countries or states are already having this feature.

As for Waze, I tried but it always wants to bring me to the small roads which does not help (in Singapore and in my opinion) as they have more traffic lights. In the end, I spent more time getting to the destination.

Which is your favorite navigation app?

The post Google Maps is Now the New Waze and Vice Versa first appeared on TechieLobang.

Post a Comment

0 Comments